Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Lost in space?

Well no, but it sure seems to me, and likely to anyone reading this that I've been "lost," aka, missing in action.

No, I'm still around, still contrary and still just as cantankerous as my father said I was. Make no mistake, he could see right through me, but I'm also something of an open book.

Be that as it may, I just happened to be sitting around, finally back on the computer after a lengthy hiatus, and stumbled across this Blogger thing. And then it all came back to me: I used to write some meaningless thoughts here, for anybody (or for that matter nobody) to read.

I guess I became somewhat frustrated, concerned that no one was reading my missives, or if you prefer, my rants. Time and again, I've meant to step back up to the keyboard and enter the fray once again. To tell a family secret, I've been involved in numerous frays, and I don't plan on stopping now.

Many of my tirades have been quasi private, and honestly have focused on the Trump and Co. shenanigans. It's a constant battle to remain in the loop when it comes to Trump's attacks on the environment, a topic I'm notably concerned about.

There have been so many that I hardly bat an eye when something comes out in the five-day-a-week Federal Register, which I continue to peruse on a daily basis. Old habits die hard, or they don't die at all.

There are so many affronts to decency right here in Kansas, I could go full time here. So something had to give, and this is something that gave.

I'll try to do better. I have some ideas of topics to broach. I'll rant and I'll rave.

It's Wednesday, and I need to send off an objection to a water transfer in Nebraska. I only dabble in that controversy becuase the water transfer is a result of legal obligations that state has with Kansas.

But there's a catch. And I'll try to bring everyone up to speed on what that catch is in the next 24 hours or so.

It'll do me good to get the fingers all limbered up and moving on this keyboard.

See you then, hopefully.

Feel free to say hello, or tell me to go to hell if that's your inclination.

No comments:

Post a Comment